Craft Tea Party

March 13, 2013

This weekend, saw the second of My Make Do and Mend Year’s Upcycling workshops! This time at the Craft Tea Party in Bath.

The Craft Tea Party was the brainchild of the lovely Janine, and was run in aid of Oxfam to celebrate International Women’s Day. Oxfam is working towards a world where everyone has enough to eat, and where women especially have the opportunity to earn a decent living.

Here are some pictures from the afternoon:

The only place in Bath where you can get tea and cake for £2! And all served of gorgeous vintage china

Delicious homemade cakes

Delicious homemade cakes

The crochet and knitting workshop

The crochet and knitting workshop

The fabulous Suzi was there from Save the Children making more imapiece pieces

The fabulous Suzi and her friends were there from Save the Children making more imapiece pieces

Mother's Day brooch making from felted wool sweaters with the fabulous Scrapiana

Mother’s Day brooch making from felted wool sweaters with the amazing Scrapiana

The lovely people from Food Cycle, making bunting from fused plastic bags-I really want to give this a go!

Making magnetic memo boards in my Upcycling workshop!

Making magnetic memo boards in my Upcycling workshop!

These gorgeous flowers were up for grabs in the raffle-I didn't win :(

These gorgeous flowers were up for grabs in the raffle-I didn’t win 🙁

£375 was raised for Oxfam. The work they do really can be life changing, and this was a fabulous way to spend the afternoon, raise some money for a great cause, and help to raise the profile of International Women’s Day.

A big thankyou to all involved, and especially Janine for all her hard work!

• Reply Fused plastic flowers | My Make Do and Mend Year May 17, 2013 at 6:03 pm

[…] the lovely people at FoodCycle were making at the Oxfam Craft Tea Party, and got the lowdown from them on how to do it. It really is very easy.  And once you have fused […]

• Reply When did shopping get to be so complicated? Part 2-clothes | My Make Do and Mend Year April 7, 2013 at 6:00 pm

[…] last week’s Big Mend in Bath, I was chatting to the inspirational lady behind the Craft Tea Party, who is in the midst of organising her wedding-a sustainable, ethical wedding-which sounds fabulous […]

• Reply Jam Jar Pincushion | My Make Do and Mend Year March 18, 2013 at 7:02 pm

[…] I was rushing around getting things ready for the Craft-Tea Party and the Upcycling workshop I did recently, I encountered a problem. I needed to take some needles […]

• Reply mancunianvintage March 14, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Looks like you had a great time! I attended the unveiling of the #imapiece installation – it looked amazing 🙂

• Reply Jen March 14, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Fab! I think there is talk of it coming to Bath when it goes ‘on tour’, so hopefully I will get to see it.

• Reply Jo aka Kiwijo March 14, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Wow, well done you! I remember not so long ago you were doubting anyone would turn up to these. Just goes to prove there ARE lots of like minded people out there. You go girl!

• Reply Jen March 14, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Thanks Jo!

• Reply daisymarmalade March 14, 2013 at 12:11 am

So sorry I had to go to a tutorial last Saturday, otherwise I would have joined my lovely mother, pictured making the felt brooches for Mother’s Day craftiness! 🙂

• Reply Jen March 14, 2013 at 11:16 am

Small world! Hope she had a great time 🙂

• Reply craftyactivist March 13, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Reblogged this on Oxfam Bath.

• Reply craftyactivist March 13, 2013 at 9:32 pm

I had a great time too! Can’t wait for the next one….. 😉

• Reply Jen March 13, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Me neither! Thankyou again for all your hard work.

• Reply hmk71 March 13, 2013 at 8:18 pm

That looks like a lovely afternoon- pretty much my idea of heaven! Well done all of you.

• Reply Jen March 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm