Freecycle Finds…

April 15, 2013

I have not had a huge amount of luck on Freecycle lately. Everything seems to get snapped up within about 3 nanoseconds of being posted, and I usually miss out.

But not this time!

I saw a collection of kids games and science kits advertised, and thought that Smalls would probably love the science kits when they are a bit older, so I replied, and shock horror, we actually got them!

Hubby was duly dispatched to pick them up on his way back from work, and it was with great excitement that we investigated our haul of goodies after the Smalls were in bed.

Here is what we got:

A grow your own crystal kit

A grow your own crystal kit

Freecycle fun6

A fizzy bath bomb factory

Freecycle fun5

A Holiday Soap moulding kit

Freecycle fun4

A Creative foiling kit

Another soap making kit

Another soap making kit

And a Make your own Sock Monkey kit

And a Make your own Sock Monkey kit

Yay!

That should keep them quiet for at least a couple of hours on a wet day 🙂

I think I may actually use some of the bits myself, like the glycerin from the soap making, and the ingredients from the bath bombs, but if the Smalls are VERY good, I might just save the other bits for them…

• Reply Heather April 16, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I had my first successful Freecycle last week. I replied to a thread where someone was getting rid of boys books suitable for 10+. Just what my son is growing into. AND the very nice man delivered them to me! So for just replying to a post I received 50 books delivered to my door on the same day!!

• Reply Jen April 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Yay! Enjoy 🙂

• Reply KnitNell April 16, 2013 at 9:09 am

I’ve never used Freecycle but have friends that love it. Perhaps time for a spring clean? However I do like giving unwanted stuff to charity shops particularly books. How does one decide what to Freecycle and what goes to charity shops?

• Reply Jen April 16, 2013 at 10:41 am

I guess the advantage is that it saves you a trip to the charity shop! And if you have bigger stuff, that charity shops won’t take. Or even damaged/broken stuff-people will often take broken electricals for spares or to fix.

• Reply Hazel April 16, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I like supporting charity shops too, but I agree with bigger and broken stuff being better for freecycle.
        I’ve got rid of mountains of bubble wrap and packing stuff (ebayers, people moving house and a lady who sells eggs for hatching!), coat hangers and stuff that I’m just not sure a charity shop would sell. I’ve got a pair of kids rollerskates and a kids boule set at the moment. The small ball’s missing from the boule set so I’m not sure a shop would keep it, but the rest is ok, so I’ll probably put them on freegle.

• Reply Hazel April 16, 2013 at 7:25 am

It seems to go like that with freecycle/freegle. I also find at other times nobody wants what I’m offering and then I put something on I don’t think anybody will want and I get swamped with replies.
    Glad you did well with these 🙂

PS I’m going to be digging up the lemon balm this week.

• Reply Jen April 16, 2013 at 8:07 am

Thanks Hazel. Excited re the lemon balm-please remember-detailed instructions..!!

• Reply Hazel April 16, 2013 at 9:07 am

Don’t worry! If you can kill lemon balm I’ll be impressed!!

• Reply Jen April 16, 2013 at 10:40 am

You may well be impressed..! What is the oppostite of green fingers? That’s what I have!

• Reply Hazel April 16, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Brown fingers?!

This stuff grows in the gutter 🙂 Last year I even gave some to the man reading the meters! He went off slightly bemused but happy!

• Reply Ruth April 15, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Oh I love freecycle and freegle. You got yourself an amazing haul – have fun!

• Reply Jen April 16, 2013 at 7:25 am

Thankyou!

• Reply mehubbyandthekids April 15, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Wow you did really well there. Lucky you

• Reply Emma Croft April 15, 2013 at 6:42 pm