Swishing

May 2, 2013

Last week I went to my very first Swish!

Well, it wasn’t technically a Swish, it was branded as a clothes swap, but as that’s what Swishing is, I’m counting as my inaugural swishing experience.

It was BRILLIANT!!

All organised by the lovely Catherine of Knee-High Tales.

It was really well organised, and such a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Being held in the back room of a pub may have helped with that one..!

There were clothes galore

Swish2

Swish1And even a ‘boudoir’ style changing room to try things on!

Swish4It was really well attended, and raised an amazing Β£243 for their chosen charities!

A great way to spend an evening, freshen up your wardrobe, de-clutter, AND save things from land-fill πŸ™‚

I took a bag of things to donate and came away with 3 great new tops. Happy Days!

It was so fab, we are going to have one right here in Warminster! The date for your diary is the 21st June-stay tuned…

• Reply Louisa May 3, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Never been to a swish before but I’ve wanted to ever since seeing that BBC programme ‘Twiggy’s Frock Exchange’ back in 2008. They seem like such a good idea and lots of fun!

I only live half an hour or so from Warminster so would love to attend! (possibly with some friends) I’ll keep my eyes peeled on your site for more info πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Jen May 4, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Oh yay-please come! It is a definite for the 21st June, at the Organ Inn. I will confirm times. Check out http://makeitbettermenditbetter.wordpress.com. This is my fledgling social enterprise, and I will keep it updated with all the events and workshops etc that are going on πŸ™‚

• Reply joelleharris May 3, 2013 at 8:36 am

I have run 2 successful Swishes in Burton, hoping to get a regular one going in North Lincs. soon! I love the use of the ‘washing line’ for display.

• Reply Jen May 3, 2013 at 10:32 am

It’s a great idea isn’t it?! Good luck with all your swishing πŸ™‚

• Reply Ruth May 3, 2013 at 6:38 am

Oh jealous – I haven’t been to a clothes swap in ages, I love em!

• Reply Jen May 3, 2013 at 10:30 am

It was fab! Loved it πŸ™‚

• Reply knittymummy May 2, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I’ve been to 3 swishes now and I love them, I really like seeing how the things I am bored of look on other people

• Reply Jen May 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm

It was really great hearing what people were saying about the clothes, and how they were thinking about ways to alter or embellish them-it cheered me immensely πŸ™‚ Such a lovely easy way to get a whole new wardrobe and clear out some clothes that as you say, you have grown tired of. The only reason really I buy ‘new’ clothes is because I like the look of something or am bored with the old stuff-it’s not as if as Big people, we grow out of stuff, or even wear it out most of the time. I heart swishing!

• Reply kneehighmum May 2, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Thank you for your lovely comments! Glad you came away with some clothes too. Have put 21st June in diary and will spread the word. Are you going to be at Bath Artisan Market next week?

• Reply Jen May 2, 2013 at 8:53 pm