I made one of these AGES ago (pre My Make Do and Mend Year, which seems like a lifetime ago..) for some friends and their new baby.
And I was recently asked to make another one by my friend’s sister for her friend’s new baby (are you following this.. ?!)
I thought I would share it, as it is super duper easy-peasy, and looks really chic (well I think so anyway!)
This is what you need:
- A computer of some sort
- Word or other WP package
- Basic word processing skills
- Picture frame
This is what you do:
- In Word (or similar) write the baby’s name at the top and in the middle of the document, with their date of birth underneath. I used Century Gothic font, and all lower case as I thought it looked quite cute
- At the bottom of the document and to the right hand side, write something suitably cute and new baby like. For the girls, I like “sugar and spice and all things nice” and for the boys, I have used “twinkle, twinkle little star” among other things. Again, I did it all in lower case, but I put ‘nice’, and ‘star’ in bold, just because.
- Then change your background colour to a suitable colour-I managed to fiddle around a bit and get a nice dusky pink for the girl version, and obviously, a blue, for the boys.
- Change the colour of your letters to white
- Insert into a suitably sized frame. I have a stash of old ones I have picked up in charity shops. If they aren’t a particularly nice colour, I give them a couple of coats of ‘Antique white’, and then give the glass a bit of a polish
- Put the whole lot together, and ta-da! One easy-peasy, super-thrifty, personalised baby present.
If you are pretty nifty with computers, and have a suitable frame at the ready, you could probably throw this together in less time than it takes to navigate your way around Amazon or the John Lewis website, and for a fraction of the cost!