Today is Global Sharing Day!
What better way to avoid having to buy new stuff!
We weren’t really organised enough to get properly involved in either 🙁
But we did do a bit of sharing today…
Hubby went off for a lovely day in the sunshine at the Test Match, and shared the car journey-what a hero….
On seeing there were only 2 pieces of brownie left, and 3 of us having lunch, unprompted, BigSmall came up with the idea of cutting each piece into 4 squares so we could all share-proud parenting moment 🙂
We had our very own small Big Lunch, and had a picnic.
And last of all, I shared some Make Do and Mend Tips of Twitter and Facebook.
1. Share don’t buy new! I found a definitive (?) list of sharing sites a while back-here it is
2. Use toothpaste instead of silver polish, it works just as well!
3. Turn old jeans into a skirt, short, a bag…
4. Make a stylish and unique notebook from scrap paper
5. Visible mending is all the rage-embrace it!
6. Turn an old tank top into a shopping bag by just sewing up the ends! I’m going to try this one soon
7. Cut up old towels to make flannels and save yourself a fortune in baby wipes
8. Use old woollen jumpers to make hats, scarves and mittens next winter
9. Make some/all of the presents you give-here are some ideas
10. Follow my blog! For all things Make Do and Mend and Buy Nothing New 🙂
Hope you all had a fabulous day and the sunshine shared with you all!