The Story of Stuff

July 4, 2013

Emma Croft from Wiltshire Wildlife Trust  is running a Green Teen workshop in Warminster at the moment with the local Youth Group, and I am tagging along to help out (and scare them when they don’t seem to be taking it seriously enough-joking. Kind of..)

Anyway, the first one was last week, and as a lead in, we showed them The Story Of Stuff by an amazing lady called Annie Leonard.

SoS

Have you seen this?

It. Is. BRILLIANT.

Everything I have spent the best part of a year banging on about and trying to articulate, encapsulated in a 20 minute film.

It REALLY REALLY should be compulsory viewing (I am aware I have a growing list of films that I will force the population to watch when I am in charge…)

Here it is, if you haven’t already seen it (I tried to be really clever and download the actual movie for you all to watch, but failed *technophobe*. If you click on the picture below, it will take you to their webpage, and you can watch it from there!)

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.23.45

Let me know what you think 🙂

• Reply I won an award! | My Make Do and Mend Year October 1, 2014 at 7:03 am

[…] Minimisation Officer. With her help, I ran some Swishes, and Repair Cafes, and workshops (here, here and here). I feel slightly fraudulent, as they were all things I really wanted to get going in my […]

• Reply Summer Reading List… | My Make Do and Mend Year August 5, 2013 at 6:05 pm

[…] Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard-I have already blogged about the brilliant 20 minute film of the same […]

• Reply We Swished! | Make It Better... July 14, 2013 at 8:10 pm

[…] far, we have had the Repair Cafe and Green Teen workshops with the local Youth Group, and now the […]

• Reply Swish Swish Swish! | My Make Do and Mend Year July 13, 2013 at 6:11 pm

[…] far, we have had the Repair Cafe and Green Teen workshops with the lcoal Youth Group, and now the […]

• Reply Heather July 9, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Yes I’ve watched this, and other films from the Story of Stuff project, I’ve also terrified myself by reading the book too. Compulsory viewing for all!

• Reply Jen July 9, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Hadn’t realised there was a book behind it-will have to try and get my hands on a copy. My reading list is growing by the day!

• Reply Zoe @ecothrifty July 6, 2013 at 9:08 pm

The Story of Stuff is brilliant and I agree it should be compulsory viewing for everyone!

• Reply Jen July 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm

When we rule the world Zoe..!

• Reply Hazel July 5, 2013 at 7:35 am

Haha! I have a huuuge list of things that people will have to do when I’m In Charge. (Or under my Glorious Rule, as Rev Richard Coles puts it.)
    I’ve seen this before, must watch it again (and get eldest child to watch it…)

• Reply Jen July 6, 2013 at 8:06 pm

My Glorious Rule-like it!
      I think it is a really good one fore kids to watch. We kept stopping it at various points to check they were getting it, but the message definitely came across

• Reply ♡eM July 4, 2013 at 11:50 pm

I appreciate all of Annie Leonard’s creations. They should be shown in our schools.

• Reply Jen July 6, 2013 at 8:05 pm