Wednesday, or Hump Day, and it’s Waste Less Wednesday for those taking part in the Better Food for all Challenge as part of Waste Less, Live More week.
In case you are in any need of persauding why we all need to make an effort to waste less food, and in case you missed it at the weekend
*******The food thrown away in Europe and North America would be enough to feed all the hungry people in the world three times over*******
So, not only could we all save money-remember that stat about a third of your weekly shop ending up in the bin? We could solve the problems of global hunger, in one fell swoop.
What are we waiting for?!
In case you are in need of a little inspiration, here are some old blog posts, from the archives (I like saying that, it sounds like the blog is some enormous great library full of dusty tomes of important works):
- Waste Not, Want Not recipe ideas #1-omlettes and frittatas, as a vehicle for hiding manky old bits of veg-it’s nicer than it sounds…
- Waste Not, Want Not recipe ideas #2-fridge soup-now that Autumn seems to have well and truly arrived, soup is back on the menu!
- Waste Not, Want Not recipe ideas #3-risotto-another great disguise for veg that is slightly past it’s best, and a guaranteed winner in our house
- Waste Not, Want Not recipe ideas #4-quiche-I love a quiche, and even more if there is some left for lunch the next day-leftovers from leftovers-yum 🙂
- Waste Not, Want Not recipe ideas #5-ideas for using up squishy fruit
- Gnocchi is a great way to use up left over mash, and makes a change from pasta
- And then you can have Dead Things and custard
- Dead Things Tart Tartin
- Or Dead Cake Pudding
- All of the last three go very well with custard, which is an excellent way of using up egg yolks-make sure you look in the comments section for an even easier recipe from emmamoves