And so, to bed…

November 19, 2013

You may remember me mentioning on numerous occasions, the fact that my bed wear had holes in it. Well, the holes got bigger and there started to be more hole than top, so I decided action was needed. And another sneaky bit of upcycling 🙂

I took this old top, that I bought to wear when I was pregnant, and is really a little on the large side, some pretty lace trim I picked up at a vintage fair, and a big pair of scissors…

Bed Top1

I hacked off the sleeves

Bed Top2

and then pinned the trim around the bottom, and sewed!

Bed Top31

Now I just need to make another one, so I’ve got something to wear when this one is in the wash 🙂

• Reply Zero Waste Week Day 3 | My Make Do and Mend Year September 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm

[…] I hacked an old long-sleeved top and added a lace trim to make a new top to wear in bed2. Hubby had a large ink spot on his work trousers, so we dyed them to hide it!3. I found a coat in […]

• Reply Me Made May | My Make Do and Mend Year May 4, 2014 at 6:01 am

[…] dress I took in; and my top turned nightwear. Not forgetting all the jeans I have patched. So if I include things I have mended as well as […]

• Reply Linda Ashworth November 19, 2013 at 1:13 pm

When I started to read your post I thought you meant bed sheets when you talked about “bed wear” and was then a little puzzled by the picture of the T shirt. All became clear as I read thru the rest of the post! Very good idea, well done for re-cycling and thriftiness.

• Reply Jen November 21, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thanks Linda!

• Reply Sue November 19, 2013 at 11:44 am

Very chic! Another of your fab business ideas……upgraded nightwear! Eventually it can finish its lifespan as a duster!

• Reply Jen November 19, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Do you think people would want my manly old top with a bit of added lace?! And what a snazzy duster it will make 🙂

• Reply Caroline Sturgess November 19, 2013 at 11:33 am

I did something similar with a vest top of mine earlier this year but sewed the wide lace around where my arms would go for floaty lace sleeves 🙂

• Reply Jen November 19, 2013 at 12:45 pm

What a great idea Caroline-will try this!

• Reply lesleygcooper November 19, 2013 at 11:30 am

that’s pretty. I don’t like wearing anything in bed, I feel restricted. Pyjama bottoms tie themselves in knots around my legs, tops seem to try to strangle me and nightdresses are even worse

• Reply Jen November 19, 2013 at 12:44 pm