...Celebrations, ...Food and Recipes, General ramblings

Christmas Pudding Truffles

December 6, 2013

A lovely friend of mine organised a Christmas Craft Evening at her Church last week, and I had a brilliant evening making all kinds of crafts, and Christmas goodies, which I am going to share with you!

First up-Christmas Pudding Truffles.
Unfortunately we ate them all before I remembered to take a picture, but I found this one after a quick Google search, and they looked something like this:

christmas-pudding-truffles

Image from Vohn’s Vittles

They look very cute, and would make an ideal present for a teacher or neighbour πŸ™‚

This is what you need to make 5 (scale up appropriately for the number you want to eat make):

• 4 Oreo cookies
  • 2 tbsp cream cheese
  • white chocolate
  • decorations-I think you can buy holly leaf and berry sprinkles, which is what we had, or you can cut out the shapes from sugar paste, or you could just use a snip of glade cherry and forget about the leaves!

This is what you do:

• Put the cookies in a plastic sandwich bag, and bash ’em up good and proper with a rolling pin-the more chunks you leave, the crunchier your truffle will be, so bash away as much or as little you like
  • Mix the cookie smash with the cream cheese in a bowl. Keep mixing, and keep the faith, it will come together
  • Roll into balls using your hands
  • Melt your white chocolate and dollop a small bit on top
  • Add you leaves/berry decorations and chill in the fridge

I am reliably informed they will last up to a week in the fridge.

Could these be any easier?!
NO. Go forth and spread Christmas Cheer πŸ™‚

• Reply A Very Buttony Christmas | My Make Do and Mend Year December 8, 2013 at 9:08 am

[…] I mentioned a few days ago, I had the pleasure of spending an evening crafting away at a Christmas Craft Evening my friend had organised last week, and my friend obviously shares my obsession with […]

• Reply Jo aka Kiwijo December 6, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Wow, these soudn really yummy, might have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing. :o)

• Reply Jen December 6, 2013 at 10:25 pm

No problem Jo. Let me know if you try them and if you manage to save any to gift..!

• Reply manchesterflickchick December 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm

These are so cute!

• Reply Jen December 6, 2013 at 10:24 pm

They are aren’t they?!

• Reply Vohn December 6, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Thank you for crediting my photo. My Christmas Pudding Truffles are a little more time-consuming to make but do use up leftover Christmas Pudding!

• Reply Jen December 6, 2013 at 1:28 pm

They look amazing! You are much better than me not to scoff them all before taking photos πŸ™‚

• Reply Vohn December 6, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Haha – thanks Jen! There were so many that I was able to nibble and still have some left for photos! The ones in the freezer that are supposed to be for Christmas gifts are dwindling before they’ve been gifted! πŸ˜‰ Vohn x

• Reply Danielle @ Bluebird Vintage December 6, 2013 at 12:39 pm

These are perfect to add to the home made hampers I’m giving everyone this year. And even the toddler can help me make them πŸ™‚

• Reply Jen December 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

My Smalls love bashing the biscuits πŸ™‚

• Reply rvtraveler13 December 6, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Homemade.
      hampers sounds interesting.

• Reply Danielle @ Bluebird Vintage December 7, 2013 at 10:51 am

Just a little bit of everything I can make. Jam, pickle, relish, crackers, knitted and crocheted things, chocolates πŸ™‚

• Reply Jen December 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm

They sound brilliant-where do I place my order..?!

• Danielle @ Bluebird Vintage December 8, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Hahaha, I’m afraid they’re all wrapped up now (bar the crackers) Perhaps next year πŸ˜‰

• Reply frugalhappylife December 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm

These look great. Forgive my stupidness but when you say cream cheese do you mean Philly cheese?
    Thanks

• Reply Jen December 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I do indeed!

• Reply Rae Hodgetts December 6, 2013 at 11:54 am

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. I rashly offered to do a demo & activity for my elderly WI group next week. I want to show them some ‘new tricks’ for Christmas, and this short cut to yummy truffles will be perfect, along with strawberry Santas, melted snowman cookies, reindeer biscuits and Christmas cake pops.

• Reply Jen December 6, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Wow, they all sound fab! Am intrigued by the melted snowman cookies πŸ™‚

• Reply lindaswildlifegarden December 6, 2013 at 11:52 am

Reblogged this on Linda's wildlife garden and commented:
    look nice