This one is a bit of a cheat, and is an update on last year’s Ginger Fudge, which was an adaptation of Nigella’s Dark Chocolate and Pistachio Fudge from Nigella Express.
This is Christmas Pudding Fudge, and it is quite delicious!
This is what you need:
- 350g dark chocolate, or a combination of milk and dark-the more milk you use, the softer and squidgier it will be. I have done this with all milk choc, but I think it made it too soft
- Tin of condensed milk
- 30g butter
- Finely grated zest of half an orange
- Good handful of festive dried fruits-I went for raisins and cranberries, but you could use dried mixed fruit or apricots, or whatever you have in the cupboard
- Sprinkling of mixed spice and dried cinnamon
This is what you do:
- Put the chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a pan over a low heat and stir, so the chocolate and butter melt and it all comes together in a glossy slick (do you like my Nigella-esque description?!)
- Take the pan off the heat, add the orange zest, dried fruit and spices and mix
- Scoop into a lined baking tray and allow to cool before placing in the fridge to set
- Cut into pieces, and
devourpack up as gifts