Apologies to all of those on a New Year’s diet, but the world needs to know about this…
I am aware it may appear I have something of a fudge obsession, but it does make for a quick and easy homemade present!
I made hubby some Peanut Butter Fudge for his stocking this year (although there was too much of it to actually fit in his stocking!) and it is v.v.v. easy, and v.v.v.delish.
I found a recipe here on this great baking blog, and I halved it and Anglicised it!
This is what you need:
- 125g chunky peanut butter
- 115g butter (the recipe says unsalted, but then says later on, you can add salt to the recipe, so I used salted butter, as that was what was in the fridge!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 230g icing sugar
This is what you do:
- Melt the butter and peanut butter over a gentle heat in a saucepan
- When it has melted and mixed together, add the vailla extract and stir
- Then add the icing sugar and stir again
- Slop it into a brownie tin lined with foil and leave to set
- When set, remove from the tin and peel off the foil before cutting into chunks and inserting into your mouth!