After the disaster that was the homemade Salt Face Scrub, I remain undaunted, and am Trying Again.
You will all be pleased to know that the face gloop was not wasted, and that I did indeed stubbornly use it, even if it meant two goes with soap afterwards to rid my face of the oil slick it left behind. I also used it as an in shower body scrub, and it left my legs suitably
So Take 2
This is the original recipe, in case you have forgotten
- 40ml liquid castille soap
- 10ml almond oil
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice
- 250g salt-I used a combination of coarse sea salt, table salt, and epsom salts, but whatever you have is good
Yes, I know. I can’t understand why I was surprised it was so oily, when the main ingredients are….oil. But there we go.
This time, crazily free-hand and without the aid of someone else’s blog post/recipe to copy, I am going with:
- 250g salt-same combo of coarse, fine and epsom
- 1tbsp almond oil
- enough liquid castle soap to make it a suitable consistency-this was about 5 tbsps
- 10 drops essential oil-I went with lemon and tea tree, as
it is all I haveI thought this would be suitably cleansing
And the verdict…..
Even worse than the first one.
Hubby tried it first, and very diplomatically said he “wasn’t sure”, and that his face felt “squeaky clean yet oily at the same time”. I told him that was ridiculous, before trying myself, and yes it is true. It kind of forms this barrier of oil on your face that won’t come off, even with repeated soapings.
Any ideas people? Not sure this one is even salvageable as a body scrub as it leaves this weird film behind.
YUK YUK YUK 🙁