100 Happy Days-week one

January 15, 2014

Wow, a week in already to my 100 Happy Days!
I am such a maths genius, even I can work out that I am, ermmmmm, 7% of the way πŸ™‚

Here they are then:

Day 1

Finding great books for FREE in the local library :) I heart libraries a LOT

Finding great books for FREE in the local library πŸ™‚
I heart libraries a LOT

Day 2

Blue sky! After so much rain.

Blue sky! After so much rain.

Day 3

SmallSmall running down the road, just because he can, shouting "Zoom!"

SmallSmall running down the road, just because he can, shouting “Zoom!”

Day 4

Family Bike Ride :) (and it's not raining!)

Family Bike Ride πŸ™‚
(and it’s not raining!)

Day 5

Sunday lunch! And a spot of photo-bombing

Sunday lunch! And a spot of photo-bombing

Day 6

My 1st ever attempt at darning

My 1st ever attempt at darning

Day 7

Hubby managed to fix the microwave! saving it from landfill, and us from finding a replacement. AND I have heat up my porridge with much less washing up :)

Hubby managed to fix the microwave! saving it from landfill, and us from finding a replacement. AND I have heat up my porridge with much less washing up πŸ™‚

I am finding that I am being more mindful of situations and the little things that make me smile.
BUT, I tend to get a bit panicky that I won’t find anything to take a picture of (some things don’t really translate in to a picture, and 100 pictures of the boys giving cheeky grins would also be fairly tedious), and almost trying to plan ahead what I will photograph. And if I have a day with lots of lovely things, the temptation is there to take some pics to keep a could ‘in reserve’ for less exciting days.
Which I know is so totally not the point, but it is a work in progress.
By the end of 100 days, it will be second nature to spot and acknowledge all the teeny tiny things that make me smile every day and make my heart sing.
Or that’s the plan anyway!

• Reply 100 Happy Days | PinAddicts Challenge January 23, 2014 at 8:57 pm

[…] I am already two weeks in, you can see my weeks 1 and 2 round ups here and […]

• Reply Emma Berry January 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Hi there! I was pointed in your direction by lovely Cheryl from Purly Queen, who recommended your make do and mend project. I’ve just set up http://www.frugallypeachy.co.uk with a similar outlook – please take a look if you have a spare minute. 100 Happy Days sounds like a lovely project too – I look forward to reading more x

• Reply Jen January 16, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Hi Emma
      Wow, what a great blog! Really looking forwards to following your year and your challenge. Feel free to shout if you think I might be able to help at all, or you want a guest post or anything really!
      Best of luck (although I am sure you won’t need it-I found it much easier than I thought I would)
      Jen x

• Reply Josie-Mary January 16, 2014 at 7:19 am

Some days I have loads of things, then others I have to think really hard. You can’t always take a photo as things happen very fast. Yesterday I saw about 20 seagulls sat on a small rail, I was passing on the bus so couldn’t snap them πŸ™ But they made me very happy!

• Reply Jen January 16, 2014 at 7:48 pm

What a shame, would have made a great pic! Sounds like you are enjoying it though!

• Reply Debbie hurry January 15, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I’ve taken 1 in reserve just in case, but I’ve noticed more things making me smile over the last couple of days…..I think we are preprogrammed to look at the negative but this is making me look for the good things. It’s fun!

• Reply Jen January 15, 2014 at 7:16 pm

It is fun, and the fact that you have to take a photo makes you look a little harder!

• Reply sara cowan January 15, 2014 at 7:44 am

Keep at it – your photos may inspire me to have another go at taking a photo every day for a year to record Granny’s life – perhaps for my 70th year beginning in May. Something to smile about may be more apt than looking for something “important” every day…….

Sara Cowan

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:37:21 +0000 To: cowan_sara@hotmail.com

• Reply Jen January 15, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I think it makes you realise that it is the small stuff that is ‘important’ πŸ™‚