Happy Stuff!

100 Happy Days-Week Three

January 29, 2014
Planting a Mulberry Tree in memory of my mum, with family and friends at the beautiful Mottisfont Abbey in Hampshire

I appear to have lost my blogging mojo. My apologies.
My 100 Happy Days is about the only thing I can think of to blog at the moment, although I may be back shortly with an up-date on my No TV January, and my Buy Nothing January. If you can bear the excitement.

Anyway, 21 days in, over 20% of the way :)

Day 15

Tea at Grandma's house, that I didn't have to make. AND we had Bread and Butter pudding :)

Tea at Grandma’s house, that I didn’t have to make. AND we had Bread and Butter pudding :)

Day 16

Free food! A friend gave us a bag of onions, and a local shop was giving away free Bay. Woohoo!

Day 17

Much excitement and exclaiming of "I love bus" from SmallSmall when we ventured into town on the bus!

Much excitement and exclaiming of “I love bus” from SmallSmall when we ventured into town on the bus!

Day 18

Hubby lit the candles in the bathroom for me. You can just see them behind the mould spray and next to the toilet cleaner. Who said romance was dead?

Day 19

A lovely hot shower, after a cold, wet run

A lovely hot shower, after a cold, wet run

Day 20

Day 21

SmallSmall finally asleep, after many demands of gro-bag on and then off, blanket on and then off, various cuddly toys, and, and, and...

Anyone else still going strong?

• Hilary January 29, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Love the tree planting for your Mum, Mulberries are beautiful but you don’t see many trees. Used to live near where there was one in an abandoned garden. The fruit tasted divine. A fitting tribute.

• Jen January 30, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Thanks Hilary. We approached the National Trust as Mottisfont was one of mum’s favourite places, and they said that they had a spot that needed filling. It is sitting with 5 other mulberry trees bordering the Lodge drive, and the gardner did say that they berries were quite tasty!

• sarah January 29, 2014 at 10:54 pm

HI lovely idea on the mulberry tree, well done on week three, good to see the little things that matter. I am still going strong but banned food and alcohol on mine as it might have got a bit Samey 😀

• Jen January 30, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I am a little bit the same, and try not to post a picture of the boys doing something sweet everyday, OR of tea and cake. Even if it does make me smile everyday :)

• The Girl January 30, 2014 at 7:49 am

SmallSmall sleeps like my LittleBoy we call it Cactus Baby in our house.

• Slizzy Greensleeves January 30, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Looking forward to hearing about your challenge :)

• Claire Holgate January 30, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I’m still going Jen :) I love your romantic candles/mould spray pic… that did make me chuckle! Ah the romance….
    Here’s to the next 75 days or so, good luck with it x

• Jen January 30, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Thanks Claire. Are you posting yours on Twitter? Will have to have a peek at your timeline!

• Josie-Mary February 1, 2014 at 7:29 am

I’m still going too, just completed day 25 :) The bathroom picture made me laugh, nice to see a real picture & not one that’s staged

• #TheGoodThings | My Make Do and Mend Year June 19, 2014 at 9:44 am

[…] near Romsey, to meet up with my Auntie and my mum’s best friend. You may remember that we planted a memorial Mulberry Tree there for my mum earlier on this year, and it was a chance to see how it was doing (leaning a little […]