Yes, it’s Shrove Tuesday, so all the pancake and flipping puns can come out in force for one day only.
What a great excuse to indulge in pancakes (not that we need any excuse, they are a pretty regular Sunday tea in our house), and you can have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you so desire-it’s allowed today. It’s quite possibly compulsory.
I thought I would do a quick round up of pancake recipes, just in case anyone is in need of pancake related inspiration….
- Love Food Hate Waste have got a great round up of savoury recipes, including Pesto, Ham and Leftover Veg-granted they could have come up with a more appealing sounding name, but it still sounds pretty yum
- These Savoury Pancakes with Ham and Cheese on the BBC Food site look a bit like a pizza
- Ricotta and Spinach Crepes-mmmmmmmm
- Butternut Squash and Stilton-say no more!
- Creamy smoked haddock and prawns-sounds deliciously indulgent 🙂
Obviously you can spread your pancake with honey, jam, lemon curd, chocolate spread, or stick with tradition and go for the frankly unbeatable lemon juice and sugar, but here are a few other options if you want to push the boat out…
- Lemon cheese pancakes-apparently these end up like a pancake cheesecake-what’s not to love about that?!
- Apple Calvados Pancakes-I love the fact that these are a great way of using up wrinkly apples too!
- How about a Pancake Cake, from Jamie Oliver?
- If you like to stay ‘on trend’ with your pancakes, then these Salted Caramel ones should do the trick!
- These Chocolate Crepes from Gordon Ramsay on Good to Know look like the ultimate indulgence, and a good way to finish!
Hurray for pancakes!
What are you having on yours?