Who’d have thought it?!
Six items is really hard…
I could quite easily do ten, maybe even nine at a push.
But six is calling for some difficult decisions.
The aim is to pick just six items of clothing (not including underwear, workout gear and shoes) for the next 40 days, to raise awareness of the issues created by Fast Fashion, and raise some money for Labour Behind the Label (hint hint, if you want to sponsor me…!)
I had it narrowed down to EITHER:
2 tops, 2 pairs of jeans, 1 dress (in case I do anything other than the school run and wipe snotty noses in the next 40 days….) and 1 cardi
I ummmmed and ahhhed and consulted the good people of Twitter and Facebook land, and the consensus was, that it might still be chilly, and a jumper would be a wise addition.
So the end result (which I have no photo of, obviously..) is:
- 1 pair of jeans (which have a hole in the knee and have had to have an emergency repair on them-more to come on this excitement…)
- 1 white top, and 1 black top-both of which can be accessorised, and I may even experiment with some embellishments-stay tuned…
- 1 dress-you may remember this from my freehand alterations last year. I figured it could also work as a skirt with a top on top, or even the jumper
- 1 cardi-this is quite thin, and very plain and boring, but it is ripe for some improvements!
- 1 woolly jumper-I love this jumper-very snuggy. Only issue is it is hand wash only….
My main concern is that we have no tumble dryer, so the jeans will take a while to dry when washed, BUT this will force me to make better use of the dress. BUT I am worried I will get cold legs, even with tights on…!
You see my issues here people?!
This is me today-sporting jeans, one top and the woolly jumper. You may see a lot of this combo over the next 40 days….
If I’ve inspired you(!) do join in, or if you think it would be more fun watching me from afar, getting very bored with my wardrobe, then please do consider sponsoring me..!