I have very exciting news for you all about a shiny new Make Do and Mend project 🙂
I am launching a new site in the next couple of months-called Make Do and Mend-able
The aim is for this to be the “Go-to” site for all things Make Do and Mend, in a quest to spread the word and make Make Do and Mend the norm 🙂
The blog will continue, on the new site, but will be joined by:
- A Directory of Make Do and Mend classes and workshops-furniture and clothes upcycling, patching and darning, fixing, Repair Cafes-anything Making Do and Mending!
- A Forum-for posting your top Make Do and Mend tips, and asking for advice on any upcycling or mending projects you have on the go. I will be asking you all for input on what topics you want included in the forum-it could have sections on zero waste, waste not want not type recipes, allotment-eering, homemade cleaning ideas and tips etc etc
- Tutorials and Free Projects, and guest posts
- Interviews with the Great and the Good of Make Do and Mend
- Reviews of relevant books and products
It is very much going to be a work in progress, but the above will be a starting point. As it grows, and if there seems to be a demand, I would love to add things like Reclamation Yards, Charity Shops, Swap Sites, Dress Agencies, Flea markets etc etc to the Directory.
Another possibility would be a kind of E-bay for secondhand or unwanted crafting and mending materials-fabric, wool, sewing notions, machines, knitting bits…
So it really could be a one-stop shop for people wanting to live a ‘Pre-loved life’!
Now then, lovely people, this is where I need your help!
I would love to hear:
- Your feedback! Any ideas for things to include, features you would like to see
- Recommendations for classes and workshops that might want to be included in the Directory
- Any suggestions for books or products to review-if you want to write a review to submit for inclusion, that would be wonderful!
- If you have any awesome tutorials, on anything Make Do and Mend, that you think should be bought to the nation’s attention
- What you want to see in the Forum
- Who you would love to see interviews with-your Make Do and Mend heroes 🙂
You can leave a comment below, or try out my shiny new e-mail address: email@example.com
If you are running Upcycling (furniture, clothes, jewellery, homewares etc etc), Upholstery, Furniture Painting, Clothing re-fashioning, Patching and Darning, etc etc workshops and classes and you want to find out more about being included in the directory, please do say hello!
Lastly, please do share this post with anyone you think might be interested-it’s really exciting and I would love as many people as possible to be a part of it!