As part of my master plan for Make Do and Mend to take over the world, I am doing lots of courses at the moment, to learn the skills I need to make Make Do and Mend-able into the site I know it can be.
One of the things I have signed up for is a project the 30 Day Challenge, from the people at Screw Work Lets Play.
The idea is that you come up with an idea for a project, and then you implement it in 30 days. There is a whole community of people doing the same thing at the same time, so you can encourage and support each other on your journeys. And you get lots of support from the Coaches on the programme too.
The 30 Day Challenge started on the 1st June, and finishes, yes you guessed it, 30 days later on the 30th June.
And I need to have something to show for it at the end.
I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats dying to know what my project is…
It’s a Monkey Training App!
The Grand Plan is:
a collaborative Back to Basics Make Do and Mend E-book.
My vision is this:
- an E-book covering ‘the basics’ of Make Do and Mend-things like setting up your sewing machine; where to source secondhand materials and equipment from; hemming; sewing on a button; patching; darning etc etc
- I don’t have the skill set to cover all these areas, so I want to collaborate with other bloggers who do have the skills and knowledge, and could do a mini ‘chapter’ each
- I will then assimilate everything into one beautiful e-book, and the contributing bloggers can promote and sell it on their sites via an affiliate scheme
I’m scared rigid.
But I’m putting it out there, on the blog as well as well on the 30 Day Challenge site, so that you can all hold me accountable, and I am less likely to wimp out!
What I would LOVE from you guys is:
- Ideas for what you personally would find useful to had included. Everyone has different skill levels and abilities, and has different perceptions of what would be ‘basic’, but I am curious to know what everyone’s ideas are for what kind of skills are considered to be Make Do and Mend.
For me, it is kind of all encompassing, and as well as sewing and mending, it would be things like re-vamping furniture, ideas for re-using things that might otherwise be thrown away, food waste recipes, preserving, foraging etc etc. But that would make it a very big book….!
So I would love to know what you all think are important, basic Make Do and Mend skills-kind of the ‘essence’ of Make Do and Mend if you like.
- Any volunteers/ideas for people who might like to contribute.
I can’t guarantee you will make your fortune from it, but it will certainly give you some exposure, and my plan is for this to be the first of a whole series of E-books, that will take the world by storm…!!
- Your cheers of encouragement 🙂
So it’s time to pull on my Big Girl Pants, and take a Deep Breath.
Wish me luck!