Apologies for the lack of round-up posts for the last couple of weeks.
Here is the round up of this week’s fabulous #makedoandmendhour!
Pics we shared:
1. Some wonderfully snug looking knitted socks from @CrochetKat
2. @DalkeyDan is doing an antique furniture restoration course, and this is her rocker, all stripped back, polished and awaiting upholstering!
3. This charity shop shirt has been cleverly embellished with a trim from a pillow by @EmLouF
4. @Pasta_Patchwork is staring to join all her fabulous granny squares together
5. 6. and 7. @Decadia Designs has her very own exhibition of her upcycled glassware! Loving the punch bowls and cups
8. How adorable are these mini knitted Christmas stockings from @ThriftyLesley
9. Charity shop bargain £2 gloves found by @SueArcher
10. and 11. @Maker_of_Things has made athroom cabinets from kitchen cupboards and scrap wood. Check out the loo roll holder too-upcycled from underfloor heating pipes!
12. Patchwork from @CraftyBlueberry-all from men’s shirts from the charity shop
13. Who remembers the Moomins?! Quilterdown has been making these gorgeous quilts from vintage Moomin fabric
14. More fab fabric, this time from @CraftBlueberry-this is a coaster, and has a matching cushion to go with it, for some lucky person this Christmas!
15. @VintageHomeShop has been sprucing up these fab retro chairs
16. @junk2funkco has a whole range of quirky upcycled jewellery
17. and 21. @SueArcher6 has been busy knitting robins, and needle felting these cute gnomes
18. and 19. @refunkd has been making some Christmas signs for the school fair
20. More hedgehog houses from scrap wood from @BBWS_CIC
22. @SueArcher6 is hoping to make her very own sweater coat, in the style of @WoollyPedlar
Links we shared:
- @ThriftyLesley mentioned making homemade vanilla extract, using this recipe here
- Gorgeous quilt that @CraftBlueberry is using as inspiration for her next project
- @DecadiaDesigns shared her blog post about her exhibition
- Creative Calligraphy workshop from @CraftSchoolClub
- Here is the pattern for those adorable mini stockings, if you fancy having a go!
- @CraftBlueberry has blogged about her patchwork using old shirts
- @StichedupUK have started a Flickr album for pics of all their repairs
We had conversations about: charity shops-the prices, the best sources of 2ndhand fabric; @Maker_of_Things gave some advice to @Stitcheuse for extending the legs on her cutting table; discussed plans for making Christmas presents; and reminisced about crocheted ponchos…!
All the pics and links are on the #makedoandmendhour Pinterest board , which now has over 500 pins on it, and is jam-packed with all kinds of Make Do and Mend inspiration!
And if you can’t wait a whole week, hop over to Facebook, and join our Make Do and Mend-able group, for more of the same all day, every day!