#MinsGame Week Two

November 15, 2014

I am ploughing on with my #MinsGame (de-cluttering one item on the 1st day of the month, 2 on the second, and so on, right up to 30 items on the 30th!)
Week 1, if you missed it, is here.

And here is Week 2:

Day 8
Random selection from the drawer that everyone has in the kitchen, that fills up with all kinds of clutter!
10710591_940576942636626_8731650007946525037_n
1. Placemats 2. Coasters 3. Single egg poacher 4. Rum butter pot 5. Pedometer 6. Party bags; 7. An out of date cat wormer! 8. Some beads I bought ages ago that swell when you put them in water-I though they would be fun to do with the Smalls, and then never got round to it!

Day 9
More stuff from the same drawer!
Day 9

1. Old takeaway leaflets 2. An empty packet of cat workers 3. Some old paint charts 4. An old golf card 5. Some info for some fruit trees we no longer have! 6. A plate 7. A smaller plate 8. A pepper shaker that originally hugged a salt shaker,but the salt shaker got dropped.. 9. Some stick on numbers for bins

Day 10
Seriously, where does all this stuff keep coming from, and why isn’t my house starting to look any tidier..?
1799198_941162042578116_3369303319038575847_o

1. a cake stand that we never use 2. a broken tea cup-no idea why I was keeping this..! 3. A teapot that we had on one of the tables at our wedding 4. A pile of old photos 5. 6. and 7. THREE old mobile phones 8. A stamp set thing we’ve never used 9. and 10. An old pair of sunglasses and a case

Day 11
CDs. Hubby has downloaded everything I still listen to, to the computer, so these are kind of surplus to requirements now. Now I just need to persuade hubby to de-clutter his too….!

10435910_942411302453190_5580213751736606362_nAny clever ideas for recycling/upcycling CDs?

Day 12
A load of cookery books and leaflets
10348203_942411609119826_6402791807407382122_n

Day 13
Another 9 CDs, and BigSmall’s school had a Bag 2 School collection-we had four big bags of textiles waiting in the garage, and now they are gone!
(These schemes are a fab easy way of fundraising for your school or pre-school-all the textiles are recycled, and you get paid by weight)

Day 14
Some magazines and books that someone had lent me, that I am finally returning! And a couple more cookery books

So that’s 77 items for this week, bringing the grand total up to 105!!

How is everyone else getting on?

• Reply #MinsGame-The End? | My Make Do and Mend Year December 2, 2014 at 7:34 am

[…] off documenting what I was de-cluttering each day, and you can catch up with weeks 1, 2 and 3 here, here and here. But the final week of the project involved 234 items in total, and I found that counting, […]

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Fab! That’s good to know. I wasn’t sure if people still bought CDs!

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Great, thanks for the Music Magpie tip!

• Reply Juhli November 15, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I don’t know if libraries where you are do this, but our Friends of the Library group sells donated CDs (and books, dvds, etc.) to raise money for library programs.

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Oooh, what a great idea-I’ll ask! Thankyou 🙂

• Reply Linda A. November 15, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Re CDs: if you have a local Hospital Radio Station they would probably welcome your old CDs. Otherwise sell on eBay or take to the Charity shop.

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Great ideas, thankyou!

• Reply nicola baird blogs November 15, 2014 at 3:34 pm

amazing dedication – I have tided and mended today making trips to the charity shop and the little street ilbrary but it’s nothing to your daily rigour. Good luck! Nicola http://aroundbritainnoplane.blogspot.com

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Nicola! Hope all is well with you 🙂

• Reply Heather November 15, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Hi Jen,
    My total so far is 247 🙂 and I have yet another pile of stuff for the charity shop to go and a bag of clothes ready to go to our local cash for clothes shop were it gets swapped for 50p a kilo. None of which has been counted up yet 🙂 I am just going to keep going. I sorted out my pile of aprons I use for cooking, who needs 6 Pinnies? And I keep emptying the various drawers of stuff!! We seem to have accumulated

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Wow, you’re going great guns!
      I am amazed at the cr*p that I am finding…!!

• Reply lizlovingandlearning November 15, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I have a friend who sews old cds between two bits of material to make the base for beautiful round boxes. I guess they could be used in a similar way for a lid too.
    They can be broken up to make mosaics.
    They can be painted on with glass paint to make them more personalised bird scarers.
    I have seen them made into clocks but you have to buy the mechanism.

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Fabulous ideas-thankyou!

• Reply trixie bradley November 15, 2014 at 11:47 am

Oh Jen, you have made me feel terribly guilty, this is something I have promised to do before Christmas – now I am going to have to get going…
    Have a very tidy day!
    Best wishes
    Trixie
    x
    lovingly made
    x

• Reply Jen November 17, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Sounds like you’ve had enough on your plate Trixie!