Last year we made Festive Rocky Road, and it was very delicious.
I decided to make some more this weekend, but we were missing a few ingredients, so ended up with a whole new Festive Rocky Road taste sensation…!
This is what you need:
- 125g butter, cubed
- 300g chocolate broken into pieces-we used 200g dark chocolate, and 100g milk
- 3x15ml tablepsoons golden syrup
- 200g biscuits-we used digestive, but Rich Tea, or even Ginger Nuts would work well
- 50g marzipan, rolled into pea sized balls
- Grated zest of 1 satsuma/clementine (or 1/2 an orange if that’s all you have)
- Large handful raisins
- 100g glace cherries, chopped in half
- Copious amounts of sprinkles/edible glitter
This is what you do:
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup gently over a low heat until it’s all combined
- While that’s melting, put the biscuits in a zip-loc sandwich bag and allow your small person to bash them with a rolling pin (or do it yourself)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, and then combine with the melted chocolate mixture
- Mix well, and then tip into a lined brownie tin
- Sprinkle liberally with festive cheer
- Allow to set in the fridge, and then cut and eat 🙂
We are far from the realms of ‘last minute’, but this does make an excellent (last minute) gift, chopped up small and popped into clean jam jars!