As a mum, it’s always a slightly strange one putting together a post for things to make for gifts.
I think there possibly need to be two categories: one for things to make for your own mum; and one for things for the kids to make with supervision from their Dad’s (you may need to leave this post open on the computer/tablet for hubby to ‘stumble’ across, as a subtle hint..!)
Grown Up Makes
1. These pretty crochet flower bookmarks from Ally and Woozle are a quick and easy make (if you can crochet!)
2. Easy fabric yo-yo clips from Tatertots and Jello
3. DIY photo magnets from Sundae Sins
4. Infinity Scarf from Yours Truly, G
5. Homemade Hand Warmers, from The Scrap Shoppe Blog
I tend to end up making something yummy for my mum/mother-in-law. Here are some of my favourite recipes!
6. Brownies-you can’t beat a good brownie. This is a blog post from My Make Do and Mend Year, with my ‘go-to’ recipe!
7. Biscuits-this is my all time favourite biscuit recipe-so quick and easy, and you can adapt it with whatever flavours your mum likes best!
10. Homemade minty chocolates-these are a fab last minute gift!
1. A great simple idea for a card!
2. Saltdough handprints from Nest of Posies (although you could do fingerprints, andmake them smaller, and then make them into keyrings?)
3. A Jar of Love! What a cute idea from Crafting a Green World
4. Decorated tin can flower pots from Makezine
5. Lego flowers! What an awesome idea from MocPages. I have boys-they would LOVE to make these..!!
I hope that’s given you some inspiration!
If you need anymore ideas, check out my Homemade…Mother’s Day Gifts board on Pinterest.
Oh, and I hope you get spoiled rotten if you are a mum…!