I just whipped up a batch of these to take away with us this weekend, in lieu of an Easter egg for our hosts.
They are super easy, and double delicious. As well as not having any of the packaging that can come with Easter eggs!
- 200g Fairtrade White Chocolate-I get 200g bars from Waitrose-they are fairtrade, and come in just paper and foil packaging, rather than plastic. And it’s pretty good value too.
- 60ml double cream
- 15g butter
- 35g dessicated coconut + extra for coating
- zest of one unwaxed lemon
- Break the chocolate up into squares and place in a heatproof bowl with the cream
- Place the bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water
- Stir the chocolate and cream to combine as the chocolate melts
- Once the chocolate has melted and is all mixed in with the cream, carefully remove the bowl from the top of the saucepan, and stir the butter into the chocolate mix
- Add the lemon zest and coconut and stir well
- Place in the fridge for about 30mins to set a bit
- Remove from the fridge and scoop out teaspoons of mix. Roll into balls, and then roll the balls in dessicated coconut to coat the outside
- Plop them into a clean empty jam jar, and store in the fridge ready for gifting (or devouring yourself…!)