You may remember that back in July of this year I made a decision to stop blogging and updating My Make Do and Mend Life.
I was starting up a business and it all just felt like too much – I had put so much time and energy into the blog, and into the community, but was feeling burnt out and in danger of starting to resent it.
So I took a break. I thought it would be forever, but my ‘why’ has been niggling away at me for the last few months.
I want to make a difference, and I want to help other people to create the change that they want to see.
I believe passionately that we can all make a difference, and that by making simple changes we can all start to live more lightly, and to reduce our impact on the planet.
So I’m back, and I have a plan…
- A monthly blog post, each with a different sustainable living ‘theme’, and some suggestions for simple actions to take.
- A monthly newsletter updating you on the month’s theme and how you can get involved (if you’re not on it and you’d like to be, my e-mail list here)
- A downloadable Year Planner to help you to think about your goals and the changes you want to make in terms of sustainable living each month – you can get it right here.
- My big “A Make Do and Mend Life” FB group will remain, and I’m sure will continue to grow – I have 3 new amazing co-admins/moderators to help me, and it will stay as long as people are finding
- And I’m launching “A Make Do and Mend Year” – a year long membership community packed full of additional resources, monthly group video calls with me, video masterclasses with experts, regular Q&As, and a private FB group to connect with and support each other.
In between Christmas and the New Year in my A Make Do and Mend Year FB group, I’ll be sharing a “Quick Win” each day of the 12 days of Christmas of one quick, easy change you can make straightaway that will mean that by the New Year you are already living more sustainably – do come and join us!
I’m also going to run my first webinar (and I’m quite scared about this – don’t tell anyone…) all about a sustainable 2018.
If you’d be interested in watching this live, or getting hold of the replay, make sure you’re on my e-mail list so that I can let you know (+ you get the Make Do and Mend Year Planner to download too!).
I’ve missed blogging here, and sharing stuff with you guys, and I’m looking forwards to getting back on it, in a way that works for me, and that I really hope works for you too.
Have a wonderful Christmas when it gets here, and I’ll catch up with in the New Year.