I have been blogging and writing and speaking about the power of Make Do and Mend and conscious consumption as ways of tackling our unsustainable modern way of life, but now it’s time for me to do one more thing, to feel the fear and step out into the world regardless.
I want to amplify what I’m doing here on the blog by working with other people making a difference, empowering them to keep moving forwards when they are stuck, to see the value in what they are doing, and to put their good stuff out there into the world.
For the last year I have been working towards a Personal Performance Diploma from the Coaching Academy, and I want to use the coaching skills I have acquired to help other people to ‘be the change they want to see in the world’.
Coaching is a hugely powerful tool that helps you to bridge the gap between where you are now, and where you want to be.
As a coach, I work from the belief that we already have all that we need inside us. I can help you to overcome the barriers and obstacles that we all put up that keep us safe, but that also prevent us from growing and from creating the changes we want to see. That stop us doing the things we want to do, and from starting the businesses and projects that we know could have a positive impact on the world.
Starting a business, any business, is bl**dy hard work. Add into that a desire to do business differently, to focus not just on profit, but on people and planet too, and it can feel like a very lonely place indeed.
You are not alone – I want to help you to do this.
I am opening up some slots for my new 12 week coaching package, and while it is still in it’s ‘beta phase’ I am offering 3 slots at a discount.
Here’s what we can do together:
– find your ‘why’ and get clear about the values and beliefs that are at the very core of your business
– establish ‘who’ it is your customers are, and work together on the ‘how’ and the ‘what’ – how it creates the change you want to see, and what it does to generate income
– create a mission statement or manifesto, that effectively communicates your mission to the wider world
– find your voice and work out how to tell your story and convey your passion and purpose
– create or develop an online platform that will allow you to craft your message and find your tribe
– create a strategy for engaging and purposeful content to put out into the world
– create an online community of like-minded people, all rooting for you and your cause
– dream big, and then break down the dream into manageable and achievable goals
– create clear action plans that keep you moving forwards and on track
– move beyond the fear and the overwhelm to a place of clarity and focus, where you know where you are going, and how you are going to get there
– find the resources and support that you need to start and grow your business, in a truly sustainable way
“Jen is a natural coach. Her questions were insightful, thought-provoking and helped me to think through and define my most important goals. Her natural empathy made the coaching experience a really pleasant one. At the same time, she was able to nudge me forward and hold me to account.”
This is for you if:
– you already have a business or social enterprise that has a positive impact on the planet
– you have an idea for a business or a blog that will have a positive impact on the planet but you’re not sure where to start
– you passionately want to make a difference, but are being held back by fear and self-doubt
– you are struggling to move forwards with your idea or your business and are stuck in place of overwhelm
– you want to find clarity around your goals and to start taking action towards achieving them
– you want the support of someone to keep you accountable and on track
– you have had enough of playing it small
– you have a passion and a purpose but you can’t see how to turn them into profit
– you want to be able to communicate your message and engage others
– you are ready to make a change, but you don’t want to do it on your own
– you want to carve out the space and time to work on you, your passion and your purpose, and how to fit that into your life
– you’re ready to spend twelve weeks working together to move from where you are now, to where you want to be
“Jen helped me get over a time when I was so overwhelmed I couldn’t actually do anything. She very patiently helped me break down what I needed to do into manageable chunks and things started happening. Jen guided me towards making my own solutions to multiple confusing problems and I’m now half way through writing a book!”
- 6 x 60 minute 1:1 coaching sessions with me via Skype or phone (every 2 weeks)
- Unlimited e-mail support from me in between sessions
- Clear action plans and tasks to keep you moving forwards to where you want to be
“I was at a bit of a standstill with my business. A sense of overwhelm about the amount of things on my to do list, had the effect of making me burying my head in the sand and achieving nothing. Jen’s gentle and empathic coaching spurred into breaking things down into doable and achievable goals, rather than tackling the whole thing at once and giving up again.”
Your investment: £400*
*This is a discounted rate while I am developing my coaching packages, and there are just three slots available.
E-mail me today on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a (totally no obligation) call with me to find out more.
The power of taking action:
When this blog started 4 years ago, I was working part-time as a vet, a career many would love to do, but one which was leaving me miserable and battling mental health issues.
Putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) opened up to me opportunities that I never in a million years thought I could or would do – I have given a TEDx talk, written for The Guardian, The Daily Mail, and The Simple Things magazine. I have appeared on local and national radio, and on national TV both here in the UK and even in Australia!
It has allowed me to not only document our journey to a more sustainable life, but it has enabled me to find my voice, my creativity and my purpose. It enabled me to find ‘my tribe’ – to connect with people who care about the same things I do, to tell my story and to spread my message.
This little blog has changed my life. It has made me realise that we can all make a difference. If there are things we want to change, we can change them. We can make change, and we can create ripples. And those changes, those ripples spread. And that is how we change the world.
If I can do it, so can you.
The world needs changemakers right now. It needs people who are prepared to stand up for what they believe in, and take action to make truly good businesses, that make a difference. And you don’t have to do it on your own.
If you’d like to find out more, drop me a line (email@example.com) and we can arrange a time for a call where we can talk through your dreams and the changes you want to put out into the world, and how I can help you do to that.