I love a good car boot. This Sunday, the sun was shining, and I managed to sneak off, on my own(!) to our local car boot for an hour-yay!
This was my haul:
- a vintage/retro suitcase, £2. I will use this for transporting stock from Shouty Cat Makes to various craft and vintage fairs, and then as a display prop when I’m there
- a bunch of old keys-10 for £1! I’m not sure why-they just looked really cool and I’m sure I’ve seen some projects with old keys on Pinterest…
- a box of silver cutlery-£10. I have several projects in mind for this-curtain tie backs, hooks, clocks….
- 2 old Fred Basset comic books, £1.50-I might use the pictures to make some cards, but mainly, it was pure nostalgia-I used to have a Fred Basset duvet cover (am I showing my age?!)
- and a cheapo clock, £1. I want to try and see if I can get the clock mechanism out undamaged, so that I can re-use it to make a ‘new’ upcycled clock – I have a Pinterest board, Tick-Tock, Make a Clock, where I have pinned all sorts of ideas of clocks I want to try and make one day!
So there we have it, a quite magnificent haul I think! Let me know your greatest ever car boot finds.