You may remember my delight at my Flea Market finds recently….
I have been on the lookout for a little while for a ‘prettier’ alarm clock for the side of my bed than the current one
And I was very pleased to find this little retro number:
But my delight has been somewhat tempered by a few teeny tiny things that we have since discovered….
1) It has the NOISIEST “tick” in the world-not ideal for lulling you off to sleep
2) It needs winding up-which is great on one hand, as it is not using batteries, BUT we inevitably forget, and then end up late…
3) It kept losing time (a bit like me on the internet..) and was about 10 minutes slow, so hubby fiddled with a knob (!) on the back, and we smugly thought that had fixed it. Not it seems to be gaining time, and runs about 10 minutes fast…
4) It took a couple of nights to work out how to switch the alarm off…
5) This is my biggest bug bear-the ‘glow in the dark’ hands only glow in the dark if it has been sat under artifical light for several hours, and even then they give up the ghost halfway through the night. This is not ideal when you are being roused from your slumbers on a regular basis in the middle of the night by a certain SmallSmall and want to know what the time is.
So all in all, not my greastest find.
And this is where buying secondhand ends up costing more, as we would have been able to return it if we had bought it new from a ‘normal shop’.
Do you think I can sell it on E-bay..?!