Right then, it’s the weekend-hurray!
Obviously in the spirit of being prepared, I have organised a whole sharing party with the rest of my street…
Sadly not, sorry.
BUT, here is a recipe for pizza-one of our favourite foods for sharing, and it is also a pretty good vehicle for hiding slightly past their best veg, if you roast them first
This is what you need for 2 largish pizzas
- 250g white bread flour
- 3g dried yeast
- 5g salt
- 170ml water
- 1 tbsp olive/rapeseed oil
This is what you do:
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt in a mixer bowl
- Add the water and using a dough hook, mix on low speed until nearly incorporated, then add the oil
- Mix for 5 mins with a dough hook on low speed, until ‘silky’ and smooth
- Cover and leave to rise for about an hour, or until double in size
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C
- Scoop the dough out onto a well floured surface and divide into two, and then roll/stretch out into 2 suitably sized circles
- Cover with toppings of your choice-I make a quick tomato sauce, and then top with whatever veg is hanging around-today we had some courgette fried with garlic, and then topped this with mascarpone for the last few minutes. The Smalls like egg and cheese-I cook the tomato covered base for about 8 minutes, then take it out, add grated cheese around the edge to fence in the egg, and then crack two eggs into the middle, and cook for another 3-4 minutes
And then for pudding, you can share a big bowl of popcorn...!