The second of my easy peasy makes from the other night, is these moisturiser bar thingys.
They were suggested on the blog by Sara, who even very kindly posted the link to the tutorial on Frugal by Choice
These are vey easy, but you are unlikely to have all the ingredients to hand. I ordered mine from Summer Naturals.
This is what you need:
- 1 measure beeswax
- 1 measure almond oil-I asked on Twitter if almond oil for toiletries is the same as the almond oil you can get in the supermarket, and got two contradictory responses, so I am still none the wiser, and decided to err on the side of caution and get some of the ‘proper stuff’
- 1 measure coconut oil
- Any kind of essential oil for adding fragrance
- Some kind of double boiler-I used a bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water
- Silicone moulds
This is what you do:
- In your double boiler, melt the beeswax
- Add the almond oil, and then you will need to heat it again, as adding the almond oil partially re-solidifies the beeswax!
- Add the coconut oil and melt again
- Add your essential oil at this stage
- When it is all liquid and no lumpy bits, remove your bowl and wipe the condensation-y bits from the bottom so you don’t get any drips in your oil
- Pour carefully into your moulds and leave overnight to set
I don’t know why I am surprised, given that they beeswax in, but these are quite solid and well, wax-like, but I think they should work well as little hand moisturiser bars, and will look very sweet all wrapped up.