Following on from yesterday’s post and the cliffhanger I left you all with…
here is the Hot Chocolate part of the Hot Chocolate Kit.
I originally intended to just decant some posh hot chocolate powder into a little bag, with some marshmallows and maybe a candy cane, but then I came across ths recipe for hot chocolate on a stick, and thought that would work very well indeed!
This is what you need:
- 60ml double cream
- Half a tin of condensed milk
- 300g milk chocolate
- 60g dark chocolate
- Flavourings of your choice-I used vanilla extract, but you could add peppermint extract, grated orange zest, or anything else you fancy
- Lollipop sticks-I bought some chocolate Santa lollipops for the Smalls in Lidls, which I ended up not giving them, so broke up the chocolate to use in the recipe and kept hold of the sticks to use at the end-cunning hey?
This is what you do:
- Heat the cream and condensed milk gently in a saucepan, stirring, until steaming
- Add the chocolate and stir
- Allow to sit ofor 10 minutes before putting back on a low heat and stirring well until melted and shiny
- Add your flavourings
- Pour into a lined tin, or do as I did and use silicone moulds, and allow to cool
- I then poked the little pieces onto sticks-I did two chocolate bits and 1 marshamllow per stick, but it depends on the size of your chocolate pieces I guess
- I then ‘Pic-Monkeyed’ some intructions and tied them to a bag of 4 sticks, which I put inside the mug