Before we start – a little heads up about the background noise on this one – Sara works in an incredibly hip co-working space surrounded by trendy millenials and moustache wax, who can be heard getting themselves a skinnydoubleshotdecaffavocado latte in the background..!
Sara Venn is one of the first people I thought of when I first had the idea for this podcast.
She is an absolute inspiration who founded Incredible Edible Bristol and transformed not just unloved spaces around the city, but people’s lives too.
Gardening can seem like an incredibly benign activity, and conjures up scenes of idyllic sunny days, and baskets brimming with homegrown fruit and veg.
But it can actually be a really powerful tool for bringing people, and communities together.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The secret to growing engaged and active online communities around the things that you care about
- The power of social media to bring people together around a common cause
- How Sara started her hugely popular #shoutyhalfhour twitter chat
- The various ways that Sara is able to generate income for Incredible Edible Bristol
- How to get started with your own Incredible Edible Project in your community
Pam Warhurst’s TED talk (founder of Incredible Edible)
The resources for starting school growing programmes that Sara mentions in the interview